Sunday, June 21, 2009

Waking up in Amsterdam!

So you wake up and you look out of the window and there is a church outside that is called the "Oude Kerk" which translates "Old Church" and it's older then your country and it dates back to the 1600s.... way awesome... you walk down the street and every building is at least older then your great grandmother!

I went to a Dutch church today! It was called Celebration, it was really cool. They had Dutch songs and English songs and they had the sermon in Dutch and English and it a pretty conservative church for the Netherlands apparently. It was held at one of the main buildings for YWAM Amsterdam and from what I have heard most churches in the Netherlands.. called The Traditional Church... are pretty conservative. It was similar to the Vineyard with a splash of Bethel ( that means a little extra charismatic) It was really great! Everyone was so welcoming and I got a free tote bag!

Then I went to the Van Gogh Museum!!!!!!! It was absolutely Phenomenal!!!!!!! It was so crazy, hearing and reading and studying about van gogh and his paintings and then seeing them your self 2 feet away!!!!!! Oh MY Gosh!! I will never forget that! We saw 1 of his sunflower oieces and some of his most famous self portraits and 200 of his other works from his entire career as well as pieces from Renoir, Millet, Barnard and Redon... AMAZING! I never know Van Gogh's pieces were so Beautiful!!!

Tomorrow we start work with the Cleft!... oh and did I mention that we are staying in the middle of the Red Light District!

Note to readers:

The proper way to pronounce Amsterdam it Omsterdom

The proper way to pronounce van Gogh is van couffff and the "c" is really flemmy and cough-like try to pretend like you are hauking to a loogie

and you really don't need to try your own Hash while you are here! You can just walk down the street and you really can get your own experience....

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VAN GOGH IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ARTIST!!!!!!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! DID I MENTION THAT I AM SO COMPLETELY ENVIOUS????
    TAKE PICTURES!!!
    I MISS YOU!
    SO JEALOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely amazing. I would love to see that and all of the architecture there. Rock on sister!!!

    ReplyDelete