Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seattle...=.... L.A. meets Arcata... :)

Ok so I have spent 4 and a half days here in Seattle, WA! I got to go to Stumptown Roasters and watch them roast and participate in a cupping! It was amazing! I got to try this coffee from Panama called Esmerelda and it is supposed to be one of the finest cups of coffee in the world!... one of the hilarious things about the cupping was that you don't actually keep the coffee you drink... you splurtle it into your mouth with a spoon letting it splash across your whole tongue so that your buds can properly analyze the flavors and then you spit the coffee out into a spitoon (paper cup) and move onto the next cup! so everyone walks around slurping and swishing on the best coffee in the world bending over whiffing the greatness and spitting into a cup! The best time ever!

I got to go to Espresso Vivace which was started and is owned by this guy named David something, something... but this guy has written 2 books about barista'ing and coffee expertise that are considered by most people in the barista world as the barista bibles! the latte art was amazing and I got to talk with some of the baristas and they recommended some more shops for me to go to in Seattle.... all in all I got totally wired went to about 16 shops and walked about 20 miles around Seattle... if it weren't for the fact that I drank a lot of coffee and ate a lot of pastries and unhealthy tourist food I might have lost some weight. Hopefully my legs got a little more buff though!

I went to Mars Hill Church Downtown on Sunday and it was amazing! God really spoke to me there, they are going after it for Jesus there! I was able to go to a neighborhood gathering that they had going on at a restaurant down the street from where I am staying and I got to connect with the people there. And we had an underground cupcake off while I was there... pretty much sampling and critiquing some of the best cupcakes that Seattle has to offer!

... and then I got to go see Broadway Across America's tour of Rent!!! with 2 of the original broadway cast members who also starred in the movie.... the guys who played Mark and Roger (Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal) and I got Anthony's autograph and a picture! It was amazing!!!


And the best part of my time here besides spending a day the Seattle Center with the Space needle and the Experience Music Project/Sciemce Fiction Musuem was..... going to dinner with Eric and Connie Hiatt!!!!!!!!!!! We went to the Belltown Bistro and spent the evening together, they are in town for a wedding!! I was so blessed to be able to see family!!! wowee!!!

okay gotta run again, I have to check out of the hostel and catch my shuttle to the airport!! Kim Johanesson is meeting me in Sacramento and then the 2 of us are flying to Amsterdam! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!! YAY!!

happy blogging
I love all of you!!!

--kim

No comments:

Post a Comment