Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Here is my Trip's Blog!!


So hello everyone out there! I'm Kim and I am taking 33 days to experience life!! May 29th I am leaving on my voyage... off to see the world!!

I have titled my blog "traveling abandoned..." this means that I am abandoning safe, normal life for this short glimpse of my life and I am going 5 different places that I want to visit... also on a more spiritual note... "traveling abandoned..." means that I have abandoned my self to following Jesus... or at least trying to... pressing into him day in and day out, going where he has and will lead me... crying out to him to birth in me a heartbreaking love for him and his people (which is you!)!!

I am going to be going to Los Angeles, CA for 6 days to volunteer at The Dream Center (www.thedreamcenter.org), then I will be flying to Denver, CO where I will be visiting family and going to my Cousin's wedding, then I will be flying to Arcata, CA where I will be staying with some friends from the Arcata Vineyard Church for 6 days and working at their non-profit coffee shop called Mosgo's for a couple shifts, then from there I fly to Seattle, Wa to enjoy drinking some of the best coffee in the world, getting ideas for my future coffeehouse in Hollywood, CA, and communing with Jesus and preparing myself for my missions trip to Amsterdam, The Netherlands, then I will be flying to Sacramento, CA where my roommate Kim will be meeting me and the 2 of us will fly to Amsterdam (the same day as my 21st Birthday!!!) and we will be working with and serving and volunteering with a ministry called "The Cleft" that is part of the YWAM (Youth With A Mission) base in Amsterdam... The Cleft is right in the middle of the Red Light District and they seek to minister to and help women in prostitution, drug addicts, and homeless!!

That is the basic outline of my trip I will blog later tonight or tomorrow sharing some of why I am going to these particular places and some of what God has called me to do in Redding, CA with Yaks Koffee Shop and the Vineyard City Church!!

I think all of you are great and please feel free to catch up on what is going on and feel free to invite others to check this ot as well!!

--kim

No comments:

Post a Comment