Friday, May 29, 2009

First day at the LA Dream Center :)



So I am in LA right now!!! I arrived at 8:45 this morning and my friend that was supposed to pick me up from the airport for got and I waited for almost and hour and a half before he got there.... so that was an interesting start....

but I went on a food truck outreach today where we fed and handed out food to broken neighbor hoods and probably served around 300 families! I helped bag up 1000 64oz cans of Apple Juice! and 2000 pounds of rices and lots of donated veggies from grocery stores!! I am officially way more buff now! I was mainly on apple juice detail! It was so much fun actually...

We went to 2 different neighborhoods and at both of them a couple of the neighborhood women helped us and they were working just as hard as us; busting out all these tons of food as fast as they could, sweating with us, not complaining... all of us serving each other and working together as family and none of us even knew each other!! It was so amazing... these women come from broken poverty stricken homes and God totally showed me how beautiful they are! I know with out a doubt that those women are Jesus' favorite!!! There is such a natural beauty of the soul that God puts in these women who have nothing but will do and have done everything they can to provide for and take care of the children.... These women have seen harder things then I could ever imagine and they still smile and serve us and their neighborhood with a christ-like joy!.. and i don't know if they even know him... but the relationship the Dream Center has with them shows potential for it.... they aren't the type of organization to not maintain relationships with the people they outreach to, its really awesome!

happy blogging all! I'll post more later!! tomorrow is Adopt a Block... we go to housing projects in inner-city LA and bring food and clothing donations and hangout with the kids there and invite them to church and feed them and love them! it should be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment